This post has been sponsored by 3M. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Do you want to use toxic products in your home? Yeah, I didn’t think so! In the past few years, consumers have been very interested in the toxicity of their cleaning products. I, too, have made it a point to use less toxic or non-toxic cleaning products in my home.
Kevin and I were surprised to find that our go-to dish soap was rated an “F,” essentially one of the worst products to use on the EWG (Environmental Working Group) website. Since then, we upgraded to “B” and “C” products and are now moving towards products that are rated as an “A.” Today, I’m going to share my non-toxic dishwashing routine and a super quick recipe to make your own non-toxic dish soap!
My Non-Toxic Cleaning Essentials
First off, here are my cleaning essentials:
- Non-Toxic Dish Soap either found online, in-store, or made by hand!
- Scotch-Brite™ Advanced Soap Control Non-Scratch Dishwand from Target in the household cleaning section! I love that it’s so easy to find nearly everything that I need at Target!
If you’re in a pinch or have no desire to make your own dish soap, I’ve done some research and found some better alternatives that are simply grab-and-go at Target! Here they are, listed with the safest being first:
- Puracy Natural Liquid Dish Soap in Green Tea & Lime, Citrus & Sea Salt, Organic Lemongrass, and Natural Baby Dish Soap.
- Mrs. Meyers Clean Day Liquid Dish Soap in Honeysuckle, Basil, Lavender, Peony, Mint, Apple Cider, Geranium, and Acorn Spice.
- Seventh Generation Liquid Dish Soap in Free & Clear, Lavender Floral & Mint, Lemongrass & Clementine, and Summer Orchard.
Non-Toxic Dish Soap Recipe
However, if you have a little extra time on your hands, it’s super easy to make your own Non-Toxic Dish Soap:
- 1 tbsp Distilled White Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Sal Suds (available at most health food stores)
- 1/2 cup Distilled Water
Mix all the above ingredients together and voilà!
How to Clean Your Dishes with Non-Toxic Dish Soap
Now that you have your non-toxic dish soap, let’s start cleaning some dishes! My tool of choice is from Scotch-Brite. Their Advanced Soap Control Non-Scratch Dishwand has been amazing in cleaning our dishes but not ruining dishes by scraping them up.
All you have to do is easily add your choice of dish soap to the wand and you’re ready to go! You just push the button and it allows the perfect amount of soap exactly where you want it on the dish.
I love that it delivers the scrubbing power of other Scotch-Brite products, all the while making sure that it provides a non-scratching finish. It’s also comfortable in your hand. The scraper is perfect for removing stuck-on food and when with it’s time to replace the dish wand head, you don’t need to throw the wand out. You can just purchase replacement heads!
Isn’t it the perfect tool for washing dishes?
So, what about you? Have you tried this dishwand yet? What’s your favorite non-toxic dish soap?
Let’s get social! Connect with me…
Interested in seeing our full kitchen before & after renovation? Click Here!