I know I’m behind the ball here with this review, but I REALLY wanted to take some time using this product before sharing my opinion! =)
If you’re anything like me, you don’t believe the hype when it comes to all the new beauty products out there. But… I really wanted to try this product anyways. I use Benefit’s “They’re Real” mascara everyday and love it – so wouldn’t their eyeliner be just as good?? Well, yes – in fact, it is. But there is one small caveat to that statement. More on that later.
Here are some of the pros that I’ve found with Benefit’s “They’re Real” eye-liner:
- The color. It is definitely a true black. Not a soft black, not a glossy black. Just black. And that makes me happy.
- The lasting power. It stays with you. Running, shopping, swimming, working – it’s just there. No need to worry about smudging.
- The tip. It’s flexible and truly wants to hug your (upper) lashes. More on lower lash line below.
- The removal. Although it stays on all day, it’s rather easy to take off with your favorite oil, soap, or wipe.
On the other hand, here are some cons:
- The amount. You need to make sure you put the correct amount on the tip at first or your line will be crooked and bumpy.
- The angle. You need to focus on using more of the tip in order to make the liner go on straight.
- The refusal. The little bugger does NOT happily line my under lash line. I have to use the very, very front of the tip and hope for the best results. This is the small caveat I was talking about. I feel like I almost need a different liner altogether for my lower lash line.
In all seriousness though, this eye-liner is definitely a nice product to have for your upper eyeliner. Will I buy it again? I still haven’t decided. At $24, the price is pretty steep since I might still need to use another gel liner for under my lower lashes. Who knows, maybe after some more applications, I can get the angle just right.
Have a great day!