Believe me, “saving the world” isn’t as hard as it sounds! As you know, April 22 is Earth Day, which is a day where events are held worldwide to demonstrate support for environmental protection. With that being said, this month of April, I’m teaming up with Neutrogena & Kristen Bell for their #WipeForWater project!!
Here’s a little bit of background information on #WipeForWater:
- Every day you could be wasting up to 5 gallons of water just by washing your face!
- The average U.S. household wastes about 10,000 gallons of water per year!
- 70% of the world is covered by water, but only 0.03% of it is accessible and drinkable.
But wait — you CAN help!! Don’t worry, feel free to shower & flush after you use the restroom, just join me and Kristen Bell as we save water!!
Here’s how I saved 35 gallons of water this week (and you can, too!):
- Visted www.wipeforwater.com and pledged to not use water to wash my face for 7 days! (You save 5 gallons per day you pledge! And you don’t even need to buy anything! This is really a no-brainer to help save the world!)
- Took out 1 Neutrogena Naturals purifying makeup remover towelette before bed and wiped off all of my makeup.
- Repeated step 2 for seven straight days.
- Enjoyed my clean, smooth, water free face!
- Did my part to save the world! (Neutrogena donates $1 for every pledge to the The Nature Conservancy to save water!)
Take a look below at Kristen Bell’s video to see how she’s saving water!
Want to try Neutrogena’s new water-free makeup remover wipes?! Find them on Amazon.com or at a local drugstore!
Let’s do our part to help save the world!
Thank you to Neutrogena for sponsoring this post. As always, all opinions are my own. <3