It should come as no surprise that I love buying new things! Quite honestly, I think most of us do! =) And because of this, I always make sure I get a great price on everything that I purchase! Of course, I do get extremely lucky sometimes… I won a pair of RayBan aviator sunglasses from a giveaway online, got a $500 Victoria’s Secret – Secret Rewards Card, won raffles and competitions at work for $100+ store gift cards, but honestly… most of my savings I do on my own. Thankfully, I am able to get high quality items at some incredible discounts!
Today, I’ve gathered 5 tips that are the basis of my successful savings!
1. Never pay full price! Just don’t do it. A couple of my favorite stores to purchase designer clothing are Macy’s and Nordstrom. Macy’s ALWAYS has sales & coupons!
2. Be patient & save! Oh yes, I know waiting for an item is not a fun thing to do. But think about this… if you wait a few days (maybe a couple weeks (hopefully not that long!)), the item will most likely go on sale and you can buy even more with the money you just saved! (Be careful with this one though! Always buy within your means!). You seriously have the will-power to wait for store coupons or sales and really hit the jackpot in savings!
3. Don’t pay shipping fees! I never, ever pay for shipping. What’s the tip here? Well, a few things help:
- Find a free shipping coupon code online. (This is the easiest trick! Try using retailmenot.com or just typing in “[store name] free shipping code” on Google)
- Order the product(s) inside of the store (most in-store orders ship to your home for free or have the option to ship your order to the store for free).
- Purchase over the “free shipping” amount and return unwanted items. For instance, the Loft has “free shipping on orders over $125” – buy $125 worth of items, then return the excess. How do you keep yourself from keeping the excess items, you might ask? Purchase clothing you don’t like, or ones that are way too big. That way, you have no choice but to return them!
4. Research the lowest price! Many times a store’s website will have a cheaper price listed than inside the actual store. Make sure to pull up the website in-store or print the product page from online to prove the difference in price. Most stores will match the price on their website or even on a competitors.
5. Be kind to the sales associates! Ever heard of the phase, “You catch more flies with honey than vinegar?” Well, this statement is so true. Granted, we aren’t looking to catch flies here, but think about it…who is the one able to key in a special code for that out-of-date coupon or waive a shipping fee? That’s right, the sales associate. If you come to them with a kind attitude, they are more willing to help than if you “expect” them to give you your way.
I hope these 5 tips give you some great savings success!! Do you have any savings tips that I might be missing?