My hubby loves lasagna and all the carbs that go with it. I, on the other hand, prefer to have a healthier, lower-carb choice when it comes to lasagna. I found this recipe on Pinterest and thought I’d give it a try, with some modifications, of course!
- 15-16 lasagna sheets (try to find the highest fiber count and lowest carb count lasagna sheets)
- 2 cups cooked lean ground beef
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1 cup frozen chopped spinach
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce (we used Classico Fire Roasted Tomato and Garlic)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Spray a casserole dish with olive oil or another non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour 1 cup of spaghetti sauce on the bottom of the dish.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to directions, in a large pot.
- In a seperate bowl, mix meat, cottage cheese, spinach, 1/4 cup parmesan, spices, and 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce.
- When noodles are finished, drain and lay out to dry.
- Spread 1/8 of the mix over each lasagna noodle.
- Roll noodle and place seam down in the dish.
- Pour the remaining spaghetti sauce over the noodles.
- Sprinkle the remaining parmesan and mozzarella cheese over the top.
- Bake at 375°F for 30 minutes with foil, then 15 additional minutes without foil.
- Remove, cool, and enjoy your low-carb lasagna roll-ups!