Let me start off with saying that I’m usually not the type of person to shop thrifted items. To be honest, I’m typically the one selling my used items to others! 😉 However, when thredUP reached out to me and asked me to try their service, I was quite interested.
thredUP’s site is updated all of the time, so new items are come and go very quickly. At first, I put $100 worth of items in my cart and the next day, everything in my cart was already sold. Bummer. I had to search the site again for another cart-full (#firstworldproblems lol).
After finding my items, I quickly checked out. The process was quick and easy and I was delighted when I got the box in the mail. Unfortunately, I only liked the Rebecca Taylor trousers and disliked everything else. But not to worry! I contacted thredUP and they told me that returns were easy. They were right! I just packaged up the unwanted items, shipped them back (free of charge) and picked new items. Thankfully, the second time around was perfect! Here’s what I ended up with:
- Rebecca Taylor Trousers (Reg. $278) – thredUP price: $37
- Matt Bernson Sandals (Reg. $89) -thredUP price: $22
- Banana Republic Sleeveless Leopard Blouse (Reg. $75) -thredUP price: $16
- Banana Republic Black Short Sleeve Top (Reg. $50) -thredUP price: $12
- American Eagle Jeans (Reg. $50) -thredUP price: $10
The regular prices of all these items add up to $542 and thredUP’s total was only $100. Talk about a great deal!
So… tell me… would you shop gently used items online?