Hi friends! If you follow along with me on Instagram, you saw that I made some homemade doggie breath mint cookies for my pups on Valentine’s Day! Even though they are long gone by now, they sure enjoy them every time we make them! 🙂
These DIY doggie breath mint treats are perfect for treating your dog while also making their breath smell fresh! The two key ingredients that help make these the perfect freshener are parsley & mint.
Parsley has Chlorophyll inside its plant which helps to eliminate bacteria. And simply overall, parsley is great for your dog’s digestive track.
Mint, as we all know, gives your dog’s breath a light, pleasant, and soothing smell.
So without further adieu, here’s the recipe!
DIY Doggie Breath Mint Treats
- 2 1/2 Cups Old-Fashioned Oats
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Parsley, finely chopped (or Parsley Flakes)
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Mint, finely chopped (or 1 tsp. Mint Extract)
- 1 Large Egg
- 3 Tbs. Oil, Water, or melted Coconut Oil (I use coconut oil)
- Preheat the oven to 325° F
- In a large bowl whisk together oats, parsley and mint, egg, and oil. Stir and combine.
- Using your hands or a rolling pin, flatten dough to about 1/8″ thick. Using a cookie cutter or knife cut out approximately 30-40 (1-inch mints) mints. Place mints about 1/4-inch apart on a parchment lined or non-stick cookie sheet. Bake 35-40 minutes, or until golden and crispy.
- Allow mints to cool completely before serving. Store in an airtight container.
- Tip: For dogs with allergies to chicken products, substitute one large egg with 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce.
Have you made dog breath mints before? Let me know if when you try these!
Let’s get social! Connect with me…