Fall is in the air and the weather here has officially turned chilly. It’s in the 50s & 60s to be exact! This is about the time of year where I reach into my coat closet for something cozy.
For this outfit, I chose to feature this adorable monogramed Eddie Bauer fleece jacket from The Pink Monogram. I must admit, I’m not the biggest fan of monograming everything but I love monogramed necklaces and jackets/vests! And of course, white and black is one of those classic combos that always looks good!
However, many of my friends refrain from buying cute fleeces like this because they don’t know how to style them and/or think they will look frumpy while wearing them. Hopefully this post will help you realize you can style fleece jackets and not look frumpy! =)
- Make sure you buy the appropriate size of jacket! Sometimes oversized pieces are great! But not fleece jackets! A form fitting fleece will keep you feeling shapely and lady-like.
- Wear a longer shirt underneath. Add an additional “pop” of color or pattern by making sure your main shirt hangs a few inches (about 2′ to 3″) lower than your fleece.
- Don’t pair your fleece with sweatpants or yoga pants. Not gonna lie, you most likely will look frumpy if you don’t listen to this advice! Jeans or colored pants are a much better alternative.
- The shoes you choose are important. Athletic shoes paired with a fleece will make you look like you just took a hike outdoors or grabbed shoes out of a dark closet without a care in the world. Granted, fashion sneakers are a different story and are completely acceptable! My recommendation would be a pair of flats with some sort of embellishment.
- Accessorize! You can still be comfy and cozy while accessorizing. Small, delicate rings and a simple pair of drop earrings will dress up your look.
Do you feel like you successfully wear a fleece without looking frumpy now? Well, I assure you, you can!! Happy styling and let me know what you love pairing your fleeces with! =)