Look at how cute these little lemon dessert parfaits are! =) This is such a great recipe for a dinner party with friends or for your family to enjoy!
- 6 giant ladyfinger cookies, cut into tiny pieces
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 5 egg yolks
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup lemon juice
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- optional- lemon zest
- Cut cookies into tiny pieces. Place evenly in the bottom of glasses. (12 small glasses)
- Mix all in the ingredients in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
- Allow to cool.
- Spoon 1 to 2 tablespoons into each glass.
- Store any leftover syrup in the fridge.
- Add lemon zest, lemon juice, sugar and yolks to a medium saucepan. Whisk.
- Cook over a medium low heat, adding butter right away.
- Whisk until thick, which can take about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Allow to cool a bit before adding to shot glasses.
- Spoon or pipe into glasses evenly.
- Pop in the fridge for about an hour or two.
- In a stand mixer combine the heavy cream and confectioners’ sugar. Mix until fluffy.
- Transfer to a piping tip with a star tip. Pipe onto top of parfaits.
- Garnish with lemon zest if desired.
- You can serve immediately or pop back in the fridge till you need them.
- Serve & enjoy!
Leave a Reply