Hi friend! If you’ve been following along on my Instagram, you’ve seen me mention that we were looking for extra thoughts and prayers for some really huge decisions that were coming our way! Well, we have three pretty awesome things happening in our life, at the moment, and we’re ready to share one with you today!
As many of you have guessed, we bought a new home! 🙂 And we are SO EXCITED!! After searching for years for the perfect lot to build a new home and not finding what we were looking for, we passively started looking at pre-loved homes with our realtor (who happens to be a really close friend of ours). To our surprise (and God’s perfect timing), we found a home that checked off nearly all of our wants and needs. But, our current home wasn’t even up for sale, yet! So, we took less than a week to do some quick updates, touch-ups, yard work, and organization to get our home show-ready. With the help of our family and friends, we put our home up for sale and sold it within ONE day for well over the asking price! We are beyond grateful!
We will be moving into our new home on November 15th, and truly can’t wait! We couldn’t have asked for a home that fits us and our future plans more perfectly than this one does!
The funny part is, after we gutted and completed renovated our first home, Kevin kept telling family and friends that he’d never remodel again since it was so much work. But for me, well, I kept my mouth shut and had a smirk on my face… deep down, I had a feeling we’d be remodeling again!
I must say, seeing the transformation that our first home underwent was seriously amazing! Let’s take a little walk down memory lane and I’ll share our before and after photos with you!
BEFORE OUR FIRST HOME RENOVATION:
Here are the photos from our first home’s original listing, when we bought it in 2014.
Updates that we completed:
- Whole-home: painted all the wood trim white, painted walls cool-toned colors, installed new baseboards
- Entryway: updated glass sidelites to rain glass, painted door blue, added wood-look tile, removed green coke bottle glass
- Great room: white-washed dual fireplace, created new fireplace mantle, removed wood paneling around fireplace, updated carpet, painted
- Dining room: painted buffet, updated carpet
- Sitting room: white-washed dual fireplace, painted mantle, removed wood paneling throughout the entire room, added drywall throughout, added wood-look tile
- Kitchen: removed half wall and moved sink to area below window, removed large window and replaced with new, smaller window to fit above sink, added new cabinets, quartz countertops, lighting (can lights & pendant lights), new appliances, new sink, disposal & faucet, installed wood-look tile
- Powder room: removed odd triangle wall, added marble vanity & faucet, updated toilet
- Master bathroom: Removed outdated vanity, box lights, half wall with green coke bottle glass, triangle wall, tub, added marble tile shower and tub, marble vanity & faucets, new lighting, toilet, and white tile floors
- All bedrooms: painted, updated lighting, updated carpet and/or removed carpet and stained original wood floors
- Exterior: painted wood, trim, landscaped, added an organic garden & firepit
AFTER OUR FIRST HOME RENOVATION:
Here are the after photos showcasing ALL of the hard work and love put into our first home!
A pretty incredible transformation, right?! As you can see, we pretty much gutted the home and created spaces that we truly loved with all of our favorite finishes! It was absolutely worth all the time and effort involved!
Thankfully, our new home is in move-in ready condition but is just a bit outdated for our taste. So… stay tuned as we share more before and afters – but this time with our new home!!! And please continue to keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we continue packing, start planning for our new home remodel, and move!
Here are some of our more room-specific blog posts that you may enjoy:
Looking forward to sharing our next renovation with you! Is there anything specific that you’d like to see in my upcoming posts?
Let’s get social! Connect with me…